Top Reasons to Visit Dr. Dario Valencia for Crowns
- Dr. Valencia has many years of experience in placing crowns for patients
- Dr. Valencia and his staff are bilingual, so they cater to both English-speaking and Spanish-speaking patients
- The fees charged by Valencia Smiles are very reasonable and competitive with other dental practices in the Austin, TX area
Important Information about Crowns
A crown (also known as a cap) is a very effective way to repair a damaged tooth. Sometimes, a tooth cannot be repaired by a filling. In those instances, a crown can save the tooth. Covering the entire surface of the existing tooth, a crown is extremely durable and will typically last for many, many years. Modern crowns can be made to almost identically match the shade of your other teeth. If you choose to have a crown placed, your damaged tooth will be fully functional and look very much like your other natural teeth.
When a Crown Might Be the Right Choice for You
If you suffer from any of the following issues, a crown may be a good solution for you:
- Broken or fractured teeth
- Misshaped teeth
- Teeth with decay that can’t be fixed with fillings
- Old or fractured fillings that can’t be replaced with fillings
- Teeth that have had a root canal
The Process Involved in Getting a Crown
Usually, you’ll need to visit our Austin, TX office twice to complete the procedure involved in getting a crown. During the first visit, Dr. Valencia will make an impression of the affected tooth. Then, after the tooth is numbed, Dr. Valencia will remove decay and shape the surface of the tooth. He’ll then fit you with a temporary crown while your permanent crown is being made. On your second visit, Dr. Valencia will place your permanent crown.