Top Reasons to Visit Dr. Dario Valencia for Veneers
- Dental veneers are an excellent way to improve the quality of your smile and increase your self-confidence
- Dr. Valencia has many years of experience in fitting his patients with dental veneers
- Dr. Valencia and his staff are bilingual, serving both English-speaking and Spanish-speaking patients
What You Need to Know about Veneers
Veneers have become increasingly popular with dental patients throughout the US, and there’s good reason for that. Veneers are an extremely effective way of dramatically improving the appearance of your smile and/or treating several different dental conditions. Veneers are very strong, and although they may eventually need to be replaced, they typically last for many, many years.
Reasons to Consider Veneers
Patients decide on veneers for a variety of reasons, including the following:
- To improve their smile
- To repair misshapen or crooked teeth
- To improve the appearance of teeth that are badly stained or discolored
- To change the appearance of teeth that are too large or too small
- To reduce gaps between teeth
- To repair chipped or worn teeth
The Process Involved in Veneers
The process involved in dental veneers is relatively simple and usually requires two trips to our Austin, TX area office. During the first visit, Dr. Valencia will lightly buff and shape your existing teeth as a means of preparing them for the veneers. After that, he will make an impression of your teeth. Dental technicians will use this impression to create your custom-fit veneers. The next step involves cleansing your teeth with special fluid that will help adhere the veneers (which consist of a very thin layer of porcelain material) to your teeth. Finally, bonding cement will be placed on your natural teeth and the veneers will be permanently affixed to the tooth surface.