Top Reasons to See Dr. Dario Valencia for Dental Bridges:
- Dr. Valencia has many years of experience in fitting his patients with bridges
- Dr. Valencia and his staff are bilingual, catering to both English-speaking and Spanish-speaking patients in their Austin, TX office
- Valencia Smiles offers patients very competitive prices and the highest-quality professional services for patients
Introduction to Dental Bridges
If you are missing teeth, it’s important to talk to your dentist about what alternatives are available to fill in that empty space. When teeth are missing, other existing teeth will shift in order to fill in that gap. This can result in a misaligned bite and other issues. A dental bridge is often an excellent choice to replace missing teeth. There are many different types of bridges, so it’s important to discuss the options with Dr. Valencia to determine which one is the right choice for you. The most traditional type of bridge is usually made from a porcelain crown mounted on a metal frame. The frame fits snugly over adjacent teeth, and the crown fills in for the missing tooth. This kind of bridge can be removed by the patient for cleaning or any other purpose. Another type of dental bridge is fixed, meaning it cannot be removed by the patient.
Although dental bridges are very strong and usually last for many years, they may eventually need to be repaired or replaced.
Deciding if a Dental Bridge is Right for You
A dental bridge can helpful for any of the following reasons:
- To replace missing teeth and improve the appearance of your smile
- To help maintain the natural shape of your face, which can be altered if you are missing teeth
- To keep other existing teeth from shifting to fill in the gap
- To make it easier to speak clearly and chew food
Contact Our Office Today for More Information about Dental Bridges
If you’d like to learn more about dental bridges give us a call to schedule an appointment (512) 609-8228 (Austin – Tx).