Top Reasons to Visit Dr. Dario Valencia for Dental Implants
- Dr. Valencia has many years of experience in placing dental implants for his patients
- Dr. Valencia and his staff are bilingual, serving both English-speaking and Spanish-speaking patients
- The fees at Valencia Smiles are very reasonable and competitive with other dental practices in the Austin, TX area
What You Should Know about Dental Implants
If you are missing teeth, it’s important that you talk to your dentist about the choices that are available to replace the teeth. There are several reasons for this. When you are missing teeth, the teeth on either side will shift to fill in the gap. That can negatively impact your bite. In fact, your entire face may take on a different shape if you’re missing teeth for a long period of time.
One effective means of replacing missing teeth are dental implants. These dental appliances are made up of artificial roots and teeth that are surgically placed into the jaw bone. Dental implants are completely natural looking and fully functional.
Although dental implants are very durable, on occasion they may have to be re-tightened or replaced. If and when this happens, it’s usually only after many, many years of normal wear and tear.
Reasons to Get Dental Implants
Dental implants can provide a solution for many different issues, including the following:
- To replace one or more missing teeth
- To resolve bite problems or pain associated with teeth shifting into the gap left by missing teeth
- To improve the appearance of your smile
- To make it easier to chew food or speak more clearly
- To return your face shape back to normal if it has changed because of missing teeth
- To provide an anchor for a bridge or partial denture
The Process Involved in Dental Implants
Getting a dental implant will require several trips to our Austin, TX office over the course of several months. The process includes creating molds of your jaw and teeth; surgically placing the artificial root into the jawbone and allowing it to heal; and finally affixing to artificial tooth to the root. The whole process can take up to six months or longer to complete, depending on how quickly you heal. But many patients believe that the end result is well worth because it’s like getting a whole new tooth!
Call Us Today for More Information
If you would like more information about dental implants, or to schedule an appointment, call us today (512) 609-8228 (Austin – Tx)