Top Reasons to Visit Dr. Valencia for Root Canal Treatment
- Dr. Valencia has provided root canal treatment for many patients throughout the years
- The prices at Valencia Smiles are reasonable and competitive with other dental practices
- Dr. Valencia and his staff cater to both English-speaking and Spanish-speaking patients in our Austin, TX office
Information About Root Canal Treatment
Root canal treatment becomes necessary when the nerve of a tooth is affected by either decay or an infection. During this procedure, Dr. Valencia will remove the pulp inside of the tooth, as well as any decay and nerves. Once the inside of the tooth is removed, the empty space is filled with special medicated dental material. After the procedure, the tooth will be completely functional once again.
Indications That You May Need Root Canal Treatment
There are several symptoms that might indicate that you or a member of your family need root canal treatment, including:
- A bad toothache
- An abscess or infected area on the gums that might resemble a pimple
- Sensitivity to hot and cold drinks and food
- Gum swelling and/or tenderness
Although any of these symptoms might mean that you need root canal treatment, it’s also possible to need a root canal without experiencing any symptoms at all.
Why Root Canal Treatment May Be Necessary
It’s always preferable to save a tooth if at all possible. Losing a tooth or having one extracted often brings on a new set of issues, such as other teeth shifting out of place. A root canal might be needed as a result of any of the following:
- Tooth decay has impacted the pulp inside the tooth
- Either the root tip or the inside of the tooth is infected
- The tooth was damaged by an injury
What to Expect During Root Canal Treatment
A root canal treatment will typically require two visits to our office. During the first visit, Dr. Valencia will numb the tooth and remove the pulp, nerves and any existing decay. Dr. Valencia will then fill the inside of the tooth with dental material and seal it. After that, a filling or crown will be placed over the top of the tooth, which makes it fully functional once again.
Call us today, (512) 609-8228 (Austin – Tx) to schedule an appointment.